Thursday, January 13, 2011

Kourtney And Mason At Parenting Magazine

Koutney and Mason did their first big photo shoot together for Parenting Magazine last year and the issue hit newsstands this week so make sure you go grab a copy!!
She talked all about her first year as a mom and how much her life has changed since her little angel was born.



Kourtney Kardashian: What It's Like to Be a Celebrity Mom

Star of Keeping Up With the Kardashians and Kourtney and Kim Take New York answers questions about pregnancy, baby Mason, and the mom memory she'll never forget
By Ana Connery

She has a new show, Kourtney and Kim Take New York, and a signature tummy tightener designed for moms, like her. We caught up with TV star Kourtney Kardashian for a look back at her first year alongside the new love of her life, baby Mason.
BABYTALK The first thing people do when they find out they're pregnant is go online or buy a stack of baby books. What did you do?
KK I read What to Expect When You're Expecting, which I think every woman reads. But I found myself wrapped up in questions like, "What do I buy? What do I need?" I looked online, and my friends with children sent me their lists. That's how I wrapped my head around it.
BABYTALK Did you enjoy being pregnant?
KK I loved it. I gained 40 pounds.
BABYTALK That's a good, healthy weight. They say 25 to 40 pounds is normal.
KK I definitely ate what I wanted. I worked out and was even jogging until my seventh month because my doctor said it was fine. Then one day I decided to go for walks instead and not concentrate so much on what I ate. After the baby, it wasn't my major concern to lose weight. I was nursing, so I ate more. [Boyfriend] Scott had to go to the market daily to get vanilla wafers. I was just craving them.
BABYTALK And you weren't even pregnant anymore.
KK I'm actually still craving now!
BABYTALK How did you adjust to your post-baby body?
KK When I first became pregnant, my friends told me I had to get a Belly Bandit (bellybandit.com) to tighten and shrink my tummy because you aren't supposed to work out for the first four to six weeks after having a baby. I loved the idea that I could wear something comfortable under my clothes that would help shape my body without hitting the gym. It also gave me incredible back support, especially while breastfeeding.
BABYTALK What was the first month with a new baby like?
KK I remember how quickly those first few days went by. I cried every day that it was one less day I would have with Mason [as an infant]. I had never really spent much time around babies before. When Scott and I brought Mason home from the hospital, we had no clue what we were doing. But I instantly figured it out. Call it maternal instinct. We had lots of visitors, but I remember basically living in my pajamas. We never left the house. That month was all about Mason.
BABYTALK How did the lack of sleep affect you?
KK It was hard to get some sleep. I nursed Mason every two hours. He loved to sleep all day and party all night. Everyone told me to nap when he napped, but I just couldn't do it. It was actually a fun time, though! Scott and I would stay up watching movies and taking turns trying to rock Mason to sleep.
BABYTALK Is there one baby item you can't live without?
KK Right now I am obsessed with my Beaba baby food maker. I make all of Mason's food with organic fruits and vegetables. We steam and puree and it lasts for four days. I gave him red beets and it got all over his face, which made for the funniest picture. He doesn't like broccoli, and he wasn't so into peas. But he really loves fruit. Sometimes I mix it with plain yogurt, nothing sweetened; other times it's an all-natural organic jelly. I've also put scrambled eggs on his tray. He will play with them and eat a little and it's fun. I have this great book called Super Baby Food. I should be on this Mason diet!
BABYTALK Anything you forgot to do with Mason or didn't know you should do?
KK I forgot to write down some of Mason's milestones. Luckily, a lot of them were caught on camera so I was able to find out the exact dates. Now I immediately enter everything into my cell phone so I always have them, and then into the baby book.
BABYTALK What is one memory of Mason's infancy that you'll never forget?
KK I will never forget the first time Mason smiled at me. The innocence of a baby is magical.
BABYTALK What is your biggest wish for him?
KK Happiness. That's what all parents wish for their children. Whatever makes him happy. I really want to enjoy the stage he's at now. I don't look forward and say, "I can't wait until he's walking." I want to enjoy right now.
HERE YOU HAVE SOME PHOTOS:
























No comments:

Post a Comment